The PLUG-IN 2013 event comes to San Diego and offers four days of opportunity to network with EV industry stakeholders, discussing real data and real-world reporting and analyzing what’s next for the EV industry.
PLUG-IN 2013 is an international conference that offers expert insights on the technical advances, market research and policy initiatives shaping the future of plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) technology. Discussions will focus on the latest real-world data on advanced PEV technology, user experiences and electric transportation infrastructure.
The exposition floor for PLUG-IN San Diego offers a forum for conference attendees to connect and establish long-term relationships with decision-makers who are driving the electric vehicle and EV infrastructure markets. A variety of vehicles, electricity infrastructure, batteries, components and other innovations associated with plug-in technology will be on display.
Previous Plug-in Events:
2008 San Jose, CA
2009 Long Beach, CA
2010 San Jose, CA
2011 Raleigh, NC
2012 San Antonio, TX
2013 San Diego, CA
The 2013 PLUG-IN Event is organized by Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), an independent, nonprofit organization that conducts research and development relating to the generation, delivery and use of electricity for the benefit of the public.
EV related Topics Being Covered at this year’s event:
- Plug‑in vehicle technologies for medium‑ and heavy‑duty vehicle applications
- Best practices and new ideas for reducing the cost of residential, workplace and public EV charging infrastructure
- Data and analysis from the major PEV infrastructure deployments
- Key policies influencing PEV adoption and infrastructure deployment
- Connecting PEVs to the smart grid
- Test results, data and analysis of deployments of passenger car PEVs in consumer and fleet applications
- The true influencers in the PEV space
- Current and future activities by Plug‑In America, environmental and other advocacy groups to support education, outreach and policy goals
- Assessing the current and future performance and costs of Lithium Ion and other advances battery technologies
- Discussion of advanced and future plug‑in vehicle technologies and an exploration of the full potential of electric vehicles
- Utility and automotive OEM approaches to smart, customer‑friendly managed charging of PEVs
- Critical issues and requirements for effective and sustainable DC fast charging infrastructure
- Impact of alternative financing and other innovative business models on the adoption of PEVs and the deployment of infrastructure
- How do media coverage, education and outreach shape perceptions of electric vehicles
- Review and discussion of the state‑of‑the‑art in wireless charging technology
- The potential for plug‑in electric vehicles to participate in electricity
- markets as distributed energy resources
- Discussion of PEV readiness activities. What worked, what didn’t and what still needs to be done?
A .pdf document of the PLUG-IN 2013 San Diego Events is available for download.
San Diego Convention Center
111 W. Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101
Industry Organizations $750 (After Sept 6) $800 (Onsite)
Gov/University/Non-profit orgs $625 (After Sept 6) $675 (Onsite)
Speakers $450 (After Sept 6) $450 (Onsite)
Students with ID $250 (After Sept 6) $250 (Onsite)
Seminars Only $200 (After Sept 6) $200 (Onsite)
303.530.0205 Ext. 27
EV of the Year Judge, independent green journalist, photographer, author and sustainability activist that has published over 1000 articles. Mr Burridge’s travels have taken him to over 30 countries and 300+ major cities. He is originally from the USA, but has been residing in Australia for the last seven years. Connect to Ken Burridge on: Twitter, facebook, Google+, Linked in or website